An Au Pair is a ‘big sister/brother who lives in the United States as an extended member of their Host Family. These young women provide child care services in exchange for room, board, a weekly stipend, and contributions towards education.
Most Au Pairs participate in the Au Pair Program for the valuable cultural experience of living with an American family and are treated more as a member of the family than as an employee.
- FREE Return flights when completing your 12 months in USA
- Visa assistance
- FREE 5-day training in New York!
- Basic Medical Insurance
- Welcome pack with contact details of fellow au pairs in your area
- Furnished bedroom in host family’s home
- A counsellor within an hour’s drive from you
- Monthly Au Pair meetings
- $500 study allowance to study a 6-credit course of your choice at a college/university
- A 13th month to travel in the USA OR the option of extending for another year
- 2 Weeks paid vacation during your year
- Accommodation and meals with the family for the entire year’s stay
- A minimum wage of $195.95 (Approx R2155) per week. If you have qualifications or have Au Paired in another country before, you will receive more money per week
We are looking for open-minded, flexible, mature Au Pairs who have a positive attitude and like caring for children. Other experiences like First Aid training, girl/boy scouts, music, dance, sports, arts & crafts, local Au Pairing or experience working at a pre-school are examples of skills that would contribute to your childcare abilities and will strengthen your application.
- You must be 18-26 years old
- Have a driver’s licence
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have great childcare experience
- Understand and speak English
- Have a love for kids & be caring
- Agree to commit for one full year
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted>
- South African citizenship
- Unmarried & no kids of your own
- If you have a childcare education or full-time experience looking after children, you may qualify as an Au Pair Experience
- No criminal record
Is au pairing the right thing for me?
You wish to get to know a different culture and explore a foreign country?
You intend to improve your language skills in your host country and gain new important experience for your personal and professional future? You love caring for children?
What is a cost family?
A host family has at least one child under the age of 16 and invites an au pair from a foreign country for a defined period of time to join in family life. Single parents also qualify as host families if their children live with them on a permanent basis. The au pair lives with the host family just as a regular family member and participates in family activities.
Are all au pairs female?
What will my tasks be as an au pair?
As an au pair, you will be living with your host family like a regular family member assuming daily tasks throughout your stay with them. You are primarily in charge of childcare, a task which requires a great sense of responsibility on your part. Furthermore, you will help with light housework related to childcare, such as:
- preparing the children’s meals
- washing and ironing their laundry and putting it back into the wardrobes
- helping the children tidy up their rooms
- taking the children to school or their spare time activities and back home
- helping them with their homework and supporting their school development
What type of visa do I apply for?
J1 Visa exchange visa. You will be guided step by step through the process.
Can a 26 Year old do the program?
Yes but only if they enter into the United States before their 27th birthday.
|Price is available on request|