The global world is always going to need is food to feed mouths, and with a growing global population, one has to consider how this is going to be achieved. An agricultural internship will give you insight into these, and you’ll find yourself learning all kinds of new and useful information.
An agriculture internships covers many diverse fields of agriculture, which could include farms and ranches that are involved in crops, dairy and cattle production. We can match you up to the right kind of internship that meets your needs whether that’s a small family farm or large multi-faceted operation.
You will be able to advance your knowledge and training with practical, hands-on experience an Agriculture Training Abroad Program.
Applicants will have a choice of several countries where they can do there placement with these being the United States, New Zealand, Australia or the UK. You will get to spend 8-12 months on a farm.
- You must be between the ages of 19-30 years old.
- Must hold a South African passport.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and able to express themselves clearly.
- You must have an agricultural background and have worked and or demonstrated a work history with animals on a professional basis for at least 2 years, background in the following can include but not limited to : Sheep shearers, veterinarian nurses and technicians, farriers, agricultural tourism and fishing farming, horse breakers.
- You must be committed, hardworking, friendly outgoing and positive and have strong professional work ethic.
- You must be able to commit to the program for 12 months.
- Must have passed matric / grade 12.
- You must be a recent graduate who holds relevant training and educational qualifications or be a current student having completed at least half of a course related to Agriculture studies.
When do applications open?
Applications will be open from January 2015 till June 2015.
How long can I work for?
The visa allows one to work for up to 12 months.
Can I apply for this visa again?
Regrettably one can only apply for this visa once.
Are there any restrictions on the visa?
The visa only allows you to work or train within the selected field of Agriculture.
How easy is it to find work?
Before you leave South Africa we would have already placed you with a farm in the specified country so there will be no need for you to search for a job.
What is the time difference between South Africa and NZ?
Depending on the country you are in:
- United States: During winter South Africa is 7 hours ahead and in Summer we are 6 hours ahead east coast time
- New Zealand: Depending on the time of the year New Zealand is 10/11 hours ahead of South Africa
- Australia: is 9 hours ahead of South Africa
- The UK: South Africa is 2 hours ahead of the UK
Can I visit other countries during my program?
Depending on the country you would like to visit you will need to find out if you are required to have a visa for the country in order to be allowed entry. You will however need to travel while your J1 visa is still valid in order to be allowed entry back to the United States.
|Price available on request|